Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9780
My Carrier: fido

Memory card NOT WORKING!!! :(

So I took my memory card out of my phone (BB Bold 9780) to upload something to my computer via SD card. When I put it back in my phone it said "a media card has been inserted that contains errors. Do you wish to repair the media card now?" I clicked yes and now I cant use the media card in my phone or view the files on my computer. Please help!!!!!!!

Super Contributor
My Device: Nexus6P/iPhone6 Plus
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Memory card NOT WORKING!!! :(

Ok first take a few deep breaths.   Ok can the BB see the fixed card's files?   Try connecting the BB to the PC and see if you can read the files that way, thru the USB connection.  Your PC should see 2 extra drives under My Computer, one for the BB's internat storage and 1 for the media card.

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9780
My Carrier: fido

Ok... so on my BB I cannot view any files associated with the media card also when i went to options-storage-media card it said that there was no media card in my phone ?!!??!!?!?! So I put media card into SD into computer and it tells me to format the card. I clicked no because I am scared to lose my files, they are not backed up!!!! I dont know what to do 

Highlighted
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

I think the data is gone if the computer is giving you that message.

You can try using Recurva to get the files back.  Its a free program located here:

http://www.piriform.com/recuva (for the computer)

If this doesn't work, then the data is lost.  You could try taking it to your carrier to see if they can access the data.  I hope this helps.