Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Memory card format error

Hi all, I got a curve 8520 it came with a 2 Gb memory card it was it was working fine all I did was I removed the memory card and reinserted the same memory card after around 10 to 15 minuted on reinserting the memory card I got an error stating "media card cannot be read.verify that memory card is formated" Now in the menu I get 2 options those are "install media card" and "format" On choosing "install media card" there is nothing happening and on selecting "format" I receive an error stating "media card format failed" Could someone please help me out. Thanks Abdul samad
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

Re: Memory card format error

Try to format the media card on your computer (using a media card reader) if possible. Then try inserting it into the phone again and format if from there once more.

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Thanks Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Still it is showing the same error "media card cannot be read verify that memory card is formatted" Please help !
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

What formatting method did you use? FAT or FAT32? I believe that FAT32 is the correct means of formatting it on your computer.

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Thanks Smiley Happy
My Device: blackberry tour 9630
My Carrier: verizon

I am having the same exact problem on my tour 9630.  i tried what you suggested and formatted it in a format, but i still have the same problem, and my computer doesnt even recognize my blackberry anymore, getting very frustrated.  Please help!

My Device: blackberry tour 9630
My Carrier: verizon

in a FAT32 format**********