Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: at&t

Memory card is full but there's nothing on it

I somehow posted wihout verifying my email last time and by the time I noticed it was too late. The website wouldn't let me log so I had to make a new account. Anyway, originlly i posted this message:

Curve 9360 keeps running out of memory no matter how much I delete!

I take a lot of pictures, but I delete almost all of them after sending them to my lap top. I read about some blackberry phones keping the deleted files in a trash folder but I can't find it. Looking at the memory use it says I have 917 mb >>> 11 mb free 906 used>>> 144kb in voice, 13mb in pictures, 117mb in documants, and 775mb in other??!! What is this other that's taking up all my space? I assume it could be from trash files.. But it doesn't look like this version has a trash folder to empty? I downloaded 2 games a while back but I deleted them along with some other apps trying to make room. The only thing I do that takes up space is pictures, and I have to delete them as soon as iItake them Smiley Sad  then the phone still holds less and less pictures!

Someone said to move everything to the memory card. But that is the memory card! I gave up and deleted all 22 photos except one that it tells me is read only?? It still tells me i only have room for 22 more photos! Nothing else is on it it! It used to hold like a hundred! There has to be some way to delete all thse trash or cache files, whatever they're called. 

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Memory card is full but there's nothing on it

Amy01 wrote:

I somehow posted wihout verifying my email last time and by the time I noticed it was too late. The website wouldn't let me log so I had to make a new account. Anyway, originlly i posted this message:

Curve 9360 keeps running out of memory no matter how much I delete!

Hello Amy01

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

I think here is the post you reffering  Curve 9360 keeps running out of memory no matter how much I delete!

Amy01 wrote:

Someone said to move everything to the memory card. But that is the memory card! I gave up and deleted all 22 photos except one that it tells me is read only?? It still tells me i only have room for 22 more photos! Nothing else is on it it! It used to hold like a hundred! There has to be some way to delete all thse trash or cache files, whatever they're called. 

What is size of your Media Card ? 

If this happening within Media Card then first do a Backup of your Media Card then format your Memory Card from within your Device Or using a PC. To format your Memory Card  from within your device Go to Options > Device > Storage > On that Screen Press the Menu Key > Hit on Format .

In addition be sure that you have enabled Media Card Support , Homescreen > Options > Device > Storage > Be sure that Media Card Support is Marked or Ticked .

Try it and see if that help.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Memory card is full but there's nothing on it

Mine is too. I have a blackberry 9320 curve and when I take a picture i cant take it because it says I have not got a media card. But the thing is, I have got a media card and I havent even got anything on it. So, I want to take pictures but It will not let me. Please help me at least by today because I need to take a picture of something by tomorow so please help. Thank You.