Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Memory card

Hi, guys having trouble with bb 8300 curve can not find memo/card,all it shows is the opposition is off.

can someone help?

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310 & Bold

Re: Memory card

In the 8300, many were only capable of using a 1 or 2 MB SD card.  The 8310 - 8330 support 4 MB.  It should be visible on the device as soon as you insert and power on and go Media or some other application where the SD card can be utilized.  To view on a PC you must enable Mass Storage Support.

To enable:

1. Go to the Options icon (cresent wrench) and press the trackball

2. Scroll to Media Card and press the trackball

3. Scroll to Mass Storage Mode Support, press the trackball, scroll to Yes and press the trackball

4. Press the Escape key, scroll to Save and press the trackball

5. Press the Escape key to return to desktop

Now you will be able to plug the USB cord into the BB and it will display on a PC/Laptop.

Hope this helps.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Is your media card formatted?
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

hi,guys i have tried to go to the options and all i get is a small red lock and the word off  and nothing can change it. 2, the cards  is formated so the problem has to be some were else.

any way if you did not no this because i only found out this today with the new firmware the 8300 can handle up to 4gb media cards

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

The red lock indicates an IT policy on your device.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB13412&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

If you need anymore assistance or information, lease let us know!  If your question has been answered, please resolve the post.Use the options over the green kudos’ star.

Put the checkmark in the post that answered your questions, Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter