Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Orange

Memory cards not showing up on my Blackberry.

Device info

Your carrier: Orange

Model info and OS version: Blackberry 9780 - 6.0 Bundle 2647 (v6.0.0.600, Platform 6.6.0.223)

Apps and free space

File free before and after a battery remove/replace: 220.1mb

Did a battery pull fix your issue? No

Apps installed and their version if possible: No applications

BT device model/version (you will have to look at the BT device): ?

Memory card

SanDisk 4GB Micro SDHC

When writing your question

Any other details that would help us out with your issue:

Good description of what is really wrong and how to reproduce if possible. Details of what you did before:

I've had this phone for roughly 3 months now, bought it brand new from Phones 4U. Everything was perfectly working, when all of a sudden yesterday my phone kept thinking it has no memory card inserted. So I removed the memory card and did a battery pull, re-insterted the card again and still no luck.

I next checked if the media card support was enabled, and it was. I then inserted my memory card into my PC and it worked perfectly, no errors or anything. I then tried formatting my card (FAT32) and inserted it once again and yet no luck. I then went to my storage options again, and under media card it reads 'A media card is not presently inserted in the device.' Even trying a different micro SD card did not help. For a second it said 'media card inserted' but seconds later 'media card removed'. This doesnt happene everytime, only sometimes.

This is rather annoying. Does anything think it could be a hardware problem? And would there be some sort of manufactures warranty that could cover this?

Thank you for reading Smiley Happy

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Memory cards not showing up on my Blackberry.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

I can't tell if you've tried exactly this sequence:

1. Remove the battery
  2. Remove the Media Card
  3. Insert the battery and wait through the full boot sequence
  4. Check to be sure that you can see Device Memory and no hint of Media Card memory
  5. Remove the battery
  6. Insert the Media Card
  7. Insert the battery and wait through the full boot sequence
  8. Check if things are working OK now

You also can try another media card...but with your current card working fine in the PC, I suspect the BB itself to have a problem. If so, then you need to contact whoever you obtained the BB from for warranty assistance...all service and support, including warranty, is serviced by the carriers and authorized resellers...hopefully you obtained your BB via one of those...otherwise, you likely have no warranty.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Memory cards not showing up on my Blackberry.

thanks a lot...it helped.... :*
krishnaraj7