Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BB Bold 9650
My Carrier: ZAIN

Message Center Number settings missing on BB 9650

Hi All, I am running OS 6.0.0.706 on my BB 9650. I can send/receive SMS with no problem when I am at home. Once I am roaming, I can receive but not send SMS. Attempts to send SMS results in failure with the message "Requested facility not subscribed". I have been in contact with my service provider and have been told that my SMS profile has been reset, but that I should ensure that the message center number on my phone is set to 2348020000009. I can't find this option anywhere on the phone and trust me, I have looked. I have also come across others on the Internet with the same phone who can't find it either.

My question is if anyone knows of where the settings is located or a low-level way to set it (something similar to dialing ##000000 ?)

I really need to be able to send SMS when roaming (as I am doing now).

Thank you very much.

New Contributor
My Device: BB Bold 9650
My Carrier: ZAIN

Re: Message Center Number settings missing on BB 9650

Found instruction on the Net that the number is stored on the SIM and to insert the SIM in another phone and confirm/change the number if necessary. Inserted it into a Samsung phone and was able to confirm that the number is correctly set as 2348020000009. Unfortunately I still can't send SMS.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

omegax wrote:

I have been in contact with my service provider and have been told that my SMS profile has been reset, but that I should ensure that the message center number on my phone is set to 2348020000009. I can't find this option anywhere on the phone and trust me, I have looked.

home screen >> menu >> switch application >> Messages app >> options >> Text Messenging

there is under the "Data Coding" a line named "Service Center". This is where you put the sms center number. use the international number with the + countrycode, so that it will also work abroad.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: blackberry bold 9650
My Carrier: message center number

i cant find the message center number on my bold 9650.....how i set it?