Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Storm2 9950
Accepted Solution

I just did a hard reset (battery removal) on my Storm2 9550.  When it finished booting, I started up the Desktop Software and connected the phone via USB.  I got the following message:

This Blackberry device is using an MTP connection.  Some media features require mass storage mode for your device, which will interrupt any active media transfer protocol (MTP) connections.  Do you want to switch to mass storage mode?

I'm not sure exactly what this means or if I should answer 'Yes' or 'No'.  (I didn't have any luck searching for that particular message online).

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Message: Device MTP Mode is Turned On

The BlackBerry Storm smartphone can connect to a computer in one of the following ways:

• USB Mass Storage Mode
  • Media Transfer Protocol (MTP)

MTP allows a BlackBerry smartphone user to transfer media files between a computer and a BlackBerry smartphone and provides support for media files with special requirements, such as limitations associated with Digital Rights Management (DRM) technologies.

A BlackBerry smartphone appears as a Portable Device in My Computer when it is connected to the computer using MTP. It does not appear under Devices with Removable Storage and does not have a drive letter assigned to it.

My Device: Storm 2, #9550
My Carrier: Verizona

Re: Message: Device MTP Mode is Turned On

So what's the solution? Do we say "Yes" or "No"? Can we do something to get rid of the error message?