Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Message: No additional applications designed for your device were found

I'm trying to add a program onto my blackberry Pearl using Desktop manager & I get the message: No additional applications designed for your device were found.  Help!  Thanks in advance!

- Lola

Regular Contributor

Re: Message: No additional applications designed for your device were found

You need to download the HANDHELD software from RIM or from your carrier and install it to your PC.
New Contributor

>You need to download the HANDHELD software from RIM or from your carrier and install it to your PC.

Where can I find the handheld software? I don't know what you mean by RIM & I checked Alltel's website & I didn't find it anywhere. Thanks again for the assistance.

- Lola
Regular Contributor

RIM is Reasearch In Motion, the folks that built your phone.  http://na.blackberry.com.  Your software can be found here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=1C65CEF3DFD1E00C0B03923A1C591DB4  Do not get the Desktop software, you already have that.  Once you have the software, install it to your PC.

Visitor

Thanks!  That did the trick for me.  I still need to figure out what apps I can delete though, as I tend to get to a point where I don't have enough space on the device for some stuff I want to install.

Steve

New Contributor
My Device: 8310 Curve on Vodaphone.

Hi

I have the same problem with a 8310 on Vodaphone. I had a quick look on the link given but it didn't list my phone and doesn't appear to cover Vodaphone.

Do you know where I can find the software I need ?

Thanks 

Thanks
Rog

Hi,

I'm also getting this same message. I looked around on the blackberry site for handheld software specific to Verizon, but can't find anything. I tried from the general download area using the Handheld 2.7a download, but that hasn't fixed my problem. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Renee