Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Message: No additional applications designed for your device were found

I'm trying to add a program onto my blackberry Pearl using Desktop manager & I get the message: No additional applications designed for your device were found.  Help!  Thanks in advance!

- Lola

Regular Contributor

Re: Message: No additional applications designed for your device were found

You need to download the HANDHELD software from RIM or from your carrier and install it to your PC.
New Contributor

>You need to download the HANDHELD software from RIM or from your carrier and install it to your PC.

Where can I find the handheld software? I don't know what you mean by RIM & I checked Alltel's website & I didn't find it anywhere. Thanks again for the assistance.

- Lola
Regular Contributor

RIM is Reasearch In Motion, the folks that built your phone.  http://na.blackberry.com.  Your software can be found here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=1C65CEF3DFD1E00C0B03923A1C591DB4  Do not get the Desktop software, you already have that.  Once you have the software, install it to your PC.

Visitor

Thanks!  That did the trick for me.  I still need to figure out what apps I can delete though, as I tend to get to a point where I don't have enough space on the device for some stuff I want to install.

Steve

New Contributor
My Device: 8310 Curve on Vodaphone.

Hi

I have the same problem with a 8310 on Vodaphone. I had a quick look on the link given but it didn't list my phone and doesn't appear to cover Vodaphone.

Do you know where I can find the software I need ?

Thanks 

Thanks
Rog

Hi,

I'm also getting this same message. I looked around on the blackberry site for handheld software specific to Verizon, but can't find anything. I tried from the general download area using the Handheld 2.7a download, but that hasn't fixed my problem. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Renee