Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Orange

Message Notifications - Red Asterisk

Hi

I currently keep all my app notifications in the Message folder including email, sms, Facebook etc. However I do not receive the little red asterisk on FB, BBM or Twitter applications.

I have notifcations enabled on the Message folder but they still don't work. Done hard reset, factory reset, security wipe etc and still not working.

Can anyone help with this please as I still get the notification under the clock on the home screen but I want my little red asterisk back.

Cheers.

Marcus

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Message Notifications - Red Asterisk

You have done this?
In your Messages folder, press the Menu key > Options > General Options > Display New Message Indicator = Yes ?

That should be all that is needed.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Message Notifications - Red Asterisk

I have tried that to no avail.

It works fine with all notifications apart from BBM, FB and Twitter. Just really annoying as I want all my messages in the message folder rather than in different apps all over the place and at the same time want the red asterisk notification.

Smiley Sad