Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8310

Message Reconciliation Question

I have a BlackBerry Curve (ATT&T) connected to a BES 4.1 SP4 on Exchange 2007 SP1 and having some questions about message reconciliation.

I have messages in the ‘messages’ folder that will not reconcile after a force reconciliation on the device. However if I go to Device > Messages > Menu Button >View Folder >Inbox >Select….. I only see the five messages that in my inbox in Outlook but switching back to the Messages folder on the device shows me numerous other messages that have been deleted or filed.

Is there a way to force the device or server to show the actual messages that are in my inbox other than using delete prior?

Thank you

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Message Reconciliation Question

Did you ever get a response to this?  I am having the exact problem and would like to fix it. 
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

do I rephrase your question correctly ?

you want this :
when you delete an email in outlook, the email is also deleted in the Blackberry

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8310

Correct, I only have my blackberry set to reconcile my inbox and sent items folder. I do not have other "personal email accounts" setup on the device, only my single BES account. The problem seems intermittent, some messages are removed from the device when they are deleted from the inbox while others are not. I understand that that BlackBerry/BES reconciles the inbox and from my understanding this is more like taking a snap shot of it and pushing the changes to the device vs. something like active sync but it seems as if the device should mirror my inbox after and automatic or forced reconciliation occurs. 
Thanks
Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

if you want to delete a message on outlook and see the message automatically deleted on your Blackberry device :
when you are in outlook, just delete it so that it goes to the "deleted items" folder : click the Delete button, or hit the Delete key.

when the next reconciliation occurs (less than 15min if you're on wireless), then the Blackberry will receive the information "that message 521 has been put into the outlook trashbin" and will delete the message on your Blackberry.

Then you can empty the trashbin.

what I do :
I never ever do SHIFT-Delete like I did before
I empty the trashbin every morning.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: