Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Message indicator

My blackberry storm message indicator says there is one message on the phone but I have opened all the messages and deleted everything.  Now it says there are two messages can not find anything unopened.  Help!!! It is driving me crazy.

Thanks

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Message indicator

Which indicator is showing?  Is it the email notification (the envelop?) or something else?

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=9500&thread.id=20819&jump=true

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Thanks for the help but only one message was found and I deleted it. The yellow envelope in the upper left hand corner is still there with a one beside it. Did the whole search thing but the thing is still there.  Help!

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Check Xandrex' link... there is a potential solution there.  Another thing to try is while the phone is on, try pulling out the battery for 15-30 seconds, then reinsert it.  The phone will then reboot (takes ~5 minutes).  If the message indicator was just an artifact of a previous message, pulling the battery should help.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Storm 9500

I Get this once in a while, i usually open the file and set it as unread and the set it as read again!

This also happens with nearly all email apps made once in a blue moon!!

Martyn

If myself or other members have assisted please click the Kudos!

One day Blackberry will rule the world!!
Visitor

I did the search and it no 0 results.  I still have the email folder icon.  This started when I updated to 5.0.  Can you help

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB Passport and Z10
My Carrier: AT&T, and VZW

Have you looked in your "Messages" folder?  There is a folder that shows all your messages (Email, missed phone calls etc)... look in there and there may be something like a missed call that is showing up that you will have to delete.

Interestingly I had this scenario happen to me the other day.  I kept looking in my messages folder and there wasnt anything listed.  So I did a battery pull and after it rebooted, I looked in my "Messages" folder and bingo there was a missed call along with all the other messages that was in the folder.  Once I acknowledged the missed call, the persistent envelope went away.

Hope that helps you out...