Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Messages being deleted ?

I live in Sweden and has been a devoted BB user since it was introduced here. April 18 this spring I started to have problems. Suddenly my BB (8707v) started to delete messages by itself ?

Here is an example on what is happening.

Let say that I receive 20 messages during the nite. When I wake up I delete 10 of them myself (spam/junk) the remaining 10 I open and read and I wish to keep them on my BB for some time -perhaps weeks -as a reminder.

This does not work any longer because when a new message arrive in the morning -this message automatically deletes all the 10 I wanted to keep ???

This continues during the day and there seem to be no system behind it -I can receive 3-4 messages between 10.00-11.00 in the morning -then when the 5:th message arrives -it deletes the other 3-4 -and so it goes on

Can anyone come up with some explanation -before April 18 it was never like this -messages stayed on my BB until I deleted them

BR

Matador

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: Messages being deleted ?

chk memory under optons> status, make sure it does not say 0 on free memeory on free memory size. delete any unwanted applications or data from BB. also under messages icon go to options> general options and chk for how many days are messages set to leave on device
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.