Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8350i
My Carrier: sprint

Messaging problems after 5.0 upgrade 8350i

After doing the upgrade i been having troubles with blank sent messages and not receiving messages for over 4 hours after the sender sent them. Then i get all messages at on time sometimes up to 6 or 7 messages , i can send them but not receive . Also i get this "uncaught exception : ApplicationRegistry.waitfor(0x9850447e783b0596) timeout " ever since the upgrade also usually after connecting to dtm or removing the battery . Service provider told me to go back to the original 4.6 version that the device came with, where do i find the 4.6 software ? Or does anyone have any suggestions to fix the 5.0 version ?

My Device: 8330
My Carrier: boost

Re: Messaging problems after 5.0 upgrade 8350i

you need to downgrade back down to the 4.6.1.313 version go to this link and follow the instructions

go to google and google "nextel software downloads" click on the following:

code-blackberry

Software Download for Nextel Communications Inc. Welcome Nextel Customers. Check your current handheld software load: Click on Options. Click on About. ...
https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code... - Cached - Similar

follow the instructions as to device look up then download the following:

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.6.1.459 (AMEA)

Package Version: 4.6.1.459
Consisting of:

• Applications: 4.6.1.313
  • Software Platform: 3.1.0.31
  • File name: 8350iAMEA_PBr4.6.1_rel459_PL3.1.0.31_A4.6.1.313_Nextel_Communications_Inc.exe
  • File size: 82.99MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

the 5.0 version adversely affects your device, i hope you have backed up your info as a wipe is necessary to complete the procedure.  let me know if this was useful

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8330 RBU21CW
My Carrier: Sprint

I just updated/upgraded my BB 8330 and I HATE 5.0, I want my 4.5 back. Memory stinks and my app world lost all my uninstalled apps... where did they go? I want my memory back.

Shari

New Contributor

I went back to the 4.7 version of desktop manager that came with my phone, because i also had the same problem with my apps after the upgrade to 5.0 and the new desktop version. In the 4.7 i could goto add/remove apps and there i found  my missing apps and could put them back on my phone, i dont know if this helps you or not but thats what i had to do. " good luck "

tom

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8330 RBU21CW
My Carrier: Sprint

Hi Tom... I'm just glad I'm not the only one. I may just do it this weekend. I find myself constantly checking my memory.

Someone mentioned a Hybrid for the 5.0 but the process seems very involved.

Thanks Again...glad to finally hear from someone.

New Contributor

Your welcome shari, I hope it helps.

New Contributor

Thank You frank_e i will down load the links you gave and give it a try..

Visitor
My Device: Curve 8350i
My Carrier: Boost

Hi everyone I just joined and was checking things out and seen this issue. I've had my 8350i for 7 months now when I first got it I started fresh with OS 4.6 and Combined serviicebooks from Crackberry and ONLY the first 24 hours had issues with  messaging from then on all was great receive within 60 to 90 second then 12 days ago updated to OS 5.0 and did the same thing the first 24 hours messaging issues and now everything has been great.

The only Cons is reboots take forever other than that I like OS 5.0...