Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9360
My Carrier: MTN

Messaging problems

Messaging has been problematic recently.  When messaging one contact in particular it shows Delivered and sometimes even Read but the contact hasn't even received the message! Any suggestions?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Messaging problems

Hello LCGarden and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Are you referring to BBM messaging? 

If so, what's the BBM version you are using? What BBM version does this one contact use?

Is this contact in the same country or in another country? Are either of you connected to WiFi or using your mobile data plan?

If this contact sends you a BBM, do they see the proper D and R? 

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9360
My Carrier: MTN

Hi there

Thank you for your responseSmiley Happy!

I am referring to BBmessaging yes.  I am using version 7.0.1.23 and my contact is using the same version and we are both in the same country.  We're not connected to Wi-fi and both of us are on contracts (not pre-paid) so there shouldn't be any problem with running out of BIS or anything.

At the moment there are variations: I send my contact a message and just get a tick (she is not making a phone call or anything) while at the same time I can have a BBM chat with someone else and have an immediate conversation.   Sometimes hours go by before the messages are delivered.   The alternative is that there are Ds and Rs (proper) but she hasn't even received the message.  This generally only applies to this contact which is the annoying and frustrating thing. The phone is on EDGE and I can access my Twitter and FB on the phone.

Thank youSmiley Happy

LC

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hmmm.

It seems your BBM is working fine since other contacts you message get the D and R right away.

I would suggest you tell this one contact to contact their mobile carrier to investigate since they seem to be experiencing the BBM delays with receiving your messages.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!