Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Messenger

Hello all. I have searched your forum in the past, but this is first time I have posed a question, I believe. I have a Curve, and very happy with it. Previously I had an 8830. A little problem with the Messenger. When I send a request to someone, my message to become a contact on their end, at least the Email notification on Yahoo, goes straight to their trash bin. I have fiddled with their filters and spam settings, and still no luck. I do not know if any other mail server does that. Anyone with any experience in this?
Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: Messenger

WelcSmiley Happyme to the cSmiley Happymmunity suppSmiley Happyrt fSmiley Happyrums

It may be that they need to adjust their spam settings on their yahoo.

Try adding them by their pin number.  

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Yahoo/Messenger

To cathlabnurse, I have jiggled with the Spam, but the messages go directly into "Trash" not the Spam folder. Within seconds of being sent. And even if I move it to "inbox" it jumps right back into "Trash". Not so other messages from me to second party. I did try using PIN, no difference. 
Elite I

Re: Yahoo/Messenger

That is really odd -- we will see what others say.... Sorry I was not able to help you --  Smiley Sad  Try to keep your posts together when replying to same posts, that way others can help and understand what you have done so far to solve the problem. 

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Are you talking about BlackBerry Messenger? Did you try sending request by via PIN? Use that and let me know if you face any issue with that.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

Did send via Pin, same results as far as the Email notification. Some built-in Yahoo problem?
Elite I

jginther - did you get your yahoo problem solved?  I noticed you clicked it solved.  Let us know what worked! 

EnjSmiley Happyy your BlackBerry! 

Re: Yahoo/Messenger

cathlabnurse wrote:

Try to keep your posts together when replying to same posts, that way others can help and understand what you have done so far to solve the problem. 

Just to prevent confusion I have merged the threads