Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

MicroSD Media Card is not being recognized by my BB 8100

Hi,

I currently have that problem with my Blackberry Pearl 8100.

I put it a New 1 GB MicroSD (Patriot) card and connected the cable to the PC and on the PC I created a folder and added the music to it and pictures.  It worked fine but one day I took the SIM card out just because and when my phone restarted it would not go pass the providers screen. It stays there, it seems it freezes and it cannot be turned off.  So, I took the media card out and turned it on and it displays the screen with no problem. So again I turned it off and installed the card back in and it still the same problem. I also somehow I installed the media card in the phone without taking the battery out but it still doesn't recognize the card. Under Options says card is not installed.

The first time I installed the card I don't think it was formatted(not sure). But it was working fine.

I have installed another card and it still doesn't recognize another card. Also,the media card I tried it on another phone and it is not recognized. 

Why would it work the first time as BrandonV(below) but not even locate it or make the phone not work while it has the Media card in?

BrandonV, if you found a solution please let me know.

Anyone else be kind enough to propose a solution.

Thanks,

Gaby

this was someone trying to help out:

Don't know why the BB would stop seeing the media card, but as far as your important stuff... have you tried putting the card into a reader hooked up to the PC to at least retrieve that stuff or move it to that other card that does work?

Sorry that's all I can think of.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: MicroSD Media Card is not being recognized by my BB 8100

Hi,

I would back up the card, then go to OPTIONS -MEDIA CARD menu key format.

Make sure the Media card support is turned on:

And you have the following:

Media Card window

ON

Encryption

NONE

Mass storage support

ON

Auto enable when connected

YES

On your media card do you have these folders?

Blackberry

Pictures

Music

Ringtones

Videos

Voicenotes

This is the folder structure that the Blackberry needs to allocate the media to.

Do you have these folders on your media card?

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi,

I set up the media card as below

Media Card window

ON

Encryption

NONE

Mass storage support

ON

Auto enable when connected

YES

but Gives me "Media card acannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formatted.'

so  I go to Media Card > Format the card> but it gives me 'Media Card Format Failed'

so I took it out and on various times.

Now it is to the point of "A media card is not presently inserted in the device" even though it is.

So, I cannot backup the card.

any suggestions.

Thanks,

Gaby

I am having the same issue as the previous poster.

My Blackberry had recognized the SD card when purchased, and installed. 

Synched my music to it and all was working great. for one week.

Now it does not find a Media card installed. I removed the SD card, and installed it on my Friends BlackBerry and it was recognized immediately showing all music I had synched to it.

Please Help.

Is there a way to reset the Phone, and try having it read the card again?

I know its not the SD card as again it worked just fine in another Black Berry

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Emesar wrote:

I am having the same issue as the previous poster.

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Try this.

1) With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery.

2) Remove the media card

3) Insert the battery and replace the back cover.

4) After boot up (~5 mins), check your Memory stats to be sure that is says that no media card is present.

5) Pull out the battery again

6) Put the media card back in and then insert the battery and reboot

7) Launch the Media app and see if it is "Scanning" the media card (as it does for any new media card insertion).

Best!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................

It worked Great, however I did this as my last option and it worked with no errors.

Ty for the reply, and I hope the previous posters with same issue try it as well.

Ty