11-11-2008 07:23 PM
Hi Mac Users:
This is my first post. From what I've read the forum is a great venue to deal with Blackberry Issues and the participants very informative. I tried the general Curve Forum but it was suggested that as this is a Mac situation, best to focus on Mac Users.
Hopefully, someone has an answer to my problem regarding syncing Entourage Calendar on office iMac with Blackberry Calendar
1) I operate on an iMac office system but use Microsoft Entourage for Calendar/Contacts, etc. I don't use iCal.
2) I set up meeting time on the Entourage Calendar for say noon and then invite myself via e-mail and send to Blackberry
3) I open up the e-mail and invitation information and the meeting time shows as 5:00 am, 7 hours in advance of the time I set up in Entourage. The day is correct. When it is daylight savings time the time is advanced by 8 hours to 4:00 am.
4) My iMac System Preferences settings for the Clock and Time Zone are correctly set to Pacific Standard Time (PST) and I use a 24 hour clock.
5) Microsoft Entourage Preferences -Calendar shows the Default Time Zone for new events as Pacific Time. Under Sync Services non of the boxes are checked. I think this is correct.
6) On the Blackberry, under Setup Wizard the Date and Time settings are for Pacific Time (-8) again using a 24 hour clock. This seems to be correct.
7) I do not sync hard wire the calendar sync using Pocket Mac Sync Manager software but do hardwire for Contact Sync. This works fine.
Hopefully, this gives you enough information. Again, if anyone has had a similar experience and found a solution or just has some ideas, please let me know.
11-11-2008 04:48 PM
12-17-2008 03:57 PM
05-05-2010 01:43 PM
Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm having the exact same issue (same settings, times zones are correct, etc. )and can't seem to find a way to fix it.
06-12-2010 02:15 PM
I have the same problem.
I use Entourage 2004, I can upgrade to 2008 but just didn't want to ANOTHER possible issue.
I also do not choose to use iCal or Address book but it appears you have to atleast allow syncing between them and Entourage.
I can't even get my Entourage address book in to my Blackberry.
The first sync pulled an Address book from 5 years ago.
06-22-2010 03:38 AM
Entourage 2004 and Snow Leopard do have a noted time zone sync issue:
From that page:
Options to fix
Users with incorrect times will need to do both fixes.
Fix for time zone issues: