Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Microsoft Exchange

I work for a school district that does not support BES.   My email messages to get pushed to my BB, but in order to get to my work contacts and calendar I must use Microsoft Exchange.  The salesperson at the local Best Buy was telling me that I could get Microsoft Exchange (or its equivalent) through BB App World.  I can't find anything though.  Does anyone have any idea if she was correct or what the App would be called.

Contributor

Re: Microsoft Exchange

OK . . so I found a program called ebf connector.  It is German made.  I have downloaded the program.  App World sends me to their web site   www.ebf.de for a server setting.  I don't see the setting there.  When I try to open ebf connector on my BB I get an unsupported operation exception error.

Any experience, ideas or suggestions?

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Are you trying to get your Calendar and Contacts to sync wirelessly? They only synnc wirelessly if you're on a BES, or using a hosted BES such as these:

If you just want to sync wired to your computer then read on.   Smiley Happy

The BlackBerry uses a program called the Desktop Manager in order to sync with an email program on the computer. You can download Desktop Manager 5.0 from the following link:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

Also take a look at this link to see how to setup the program to sync with an email program on your computer

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17022

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Contributor

graygrannyonate wrote:

My email messages to get pushed to my BB, but in order to get to my work contacts and calendar I must use Microsoft Exchange.  The salesperson at the local Best Buy was telling me that I could get Microsoft Exchange (or its equivalent) through BB App World.  I can't find anything though.  Does anyone have any idea if she was correct or what the App would be called.

Microsoft Exchange is a mail server.  You're already using it from what I can tell for work email.  You don't need an app on the BB.  Per the message above you need Desktop Manager installed on your PC so you can sync your Blackberry with Outlook.