Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: vodafone

Microsoft outlook contacts do not sync with the device 9780

Microsoft outlook contacts do not sync with the device 9780 when i use the organizer in the BB desktop manager.

In the organiser the task, calendar and memos sync have ticked  check box but for Contact it is not highled and ne check box

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Microsoft outlook contacts do not sync with the device 9780

Hi freddy_driver,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Can you please verify that wireless contact synchronization has not been enabled on your BlackBerry Bold 9780 smartphone? This can cause Contacts to be unavailable for synchronization in the BlackBerry Desktop Software. You can check this setting on your BlackBerry Bold smartphone in Contacts > Menu key > Options. Please select the Address Book listed under Contact Lists and verify that Wireless Synchronization checkbox is not selected.

Let me know if this helps,

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Optimus

Hi frankie S

I have the same problem. My Blackberry 9780 don't synchronize contacts with Outlook 2010. I've checkd and there isn't any wireless syn selected (in my device there isn't available any checkbox).

Initialy a couple of month ago it was synchronizing ok. lately stop doing it. what i've did diferently?

- Instaled synchronization of outlook with icloud (but not for the blackberry).

can you help how to sort it.

Thanks

Paulo

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hi Paulocavaco,

Sorry to hear about the issue you are having synchronizing your contacts. This KB article should provide more information on this issue. "BlackBerry Desktop Software is unable to synchronize calendar or contacts from Microsoft Outlook when using iCloud" http://bbry.lv/UA69OJ

The BlackBerry Desktop Software requires your Microsoft Outlook contacts to be in a .PST file that is stored locally on your computer in order to synchronize.

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: Optimus

Thanks for the reply

My situation looks a little bit different.

I have 2 contact files. One is from Outlook and another from Icloud. They are not connected between each other, I have to update, or better saying synchronize between them by copy paste.

Than after this copy paste the Icloud contacts sync with IPAD and the Outlook contacts should do the same with Blackberry but it doesn't.

That is why I'm saying that the situation is different of what is described in the link that you send me.

Regards