Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Mini keyboard keeps disconnecting

So I waited until the BB mini keyboard was released to buy a keyboard based on what i read on other keyboards having connectivity issues.  I just got my BB mini keyboard and for the first couple days I have had constant issue with it intermittently disconnecting. 

Other than the lack of custome options such as scrolling speeds and cursor rates, the functionality and feel of the keyboard is great.

Anyone else having this issue with the new mini keyboard?

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2
My Carrier: None, it's a PlayBook

Re: Mini keyboard keeps disconnecting

Happy mini-keyboard wner here, had similar issues up until I finally understood the keyboard simply went in sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity and that pressing any key (or using the touchpad) woke it back up, effectively "reconnecting" it back to the PlayBook on its own (it never -really- disconnnects, in that sense).

New Contributor

Sorry i should have been more clear, it will disconnect itermittently while in use.  I realise it will go into sleep mode after a fe minutes of inactivity.  Glad to hear your having no issue,. Hopefully mine is just a one off case.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Telus

i bought a mini keyboard (Hipstreet) and had a similar problem;  i got it exchanged and it seems to be working fine.  i do find that you have to give it time to start up and you need to understand how it works with the playbook. 

New Contributor

As stated I hope it is the keyboard, i cant get a new one right now as the stores are all sold out but plan to asap.  But what exactly makes you think there is something special about how the keyboard works with the playbook that I may not understand.  Not exactly rocket science.  When a keyboard stop working mid paragraph, pretty sure there is a problem.  Thanks for your input.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Telus

Calm down.  I simply meant that you need to understand whether the keyboard responds immediately, or whether you have to wait, etc.

Good luck