Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Missed call icon will not dissapear

Hi,

I've just bought a blackberry off ebay (after millions of problems with my iPhone!) and I'm having some issues.....

Firstly when I turned it on there was no txt message icon, or sound icon. I browsed this site and followed the advice to remove the battery to reboot and that seems to have done the trick. However somebody called me and now I have a missed call icon at the top of the screen. I can't seem to find a way to access it to see who called me and to make it go away. 

My second problem is that I am unable to use the set up wizard to set up my email account (it's a gmail account). I was wondering would that be because I am currently on an iPhone tariff with O2? Will I need to change my tariff to a blackberry tariff in order to set up my emails and browse the net?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: Missed call icon will not dissapear

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Try following the steps in this post to clear the missed call icon

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=17242

Yes you will need a BlackBerry Data Plan, not the IPhone plan in order to setup email accounts and browse the internet

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

The icon has finally gone. I took the battery out and it seems to have reset. This also seems to have given me some extra applications that weren't there before. Great!