Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Missed calls not shown

Whenever I get a missed call, the icon will appear and the red led light will flash, but my missed calls are not listed in my log. The only ones listed are those that I've received and made. I don't remember making any changes to the settings, it just happened one day. I'm not sure if it is because of an error that appeared when I start my phone recently. It says "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException" anyone knows what that means? Thanks!
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Missed calls not shown

When you say your call log go you mean when you just hit the Green button to see your calls? Or are you going into your Messages screen and hitting ALT+P? If you do ALT+P are they missing from there as well?

Check and make sure that the Phone List View setting is set to Call Log. Just hit your green phone button, hit the menu button, choose Options. Next go into General Options to find the settings.

Also try to reset the phone by removing the battery for 30 seconds and then replacing it. See if the problem still occurs after this phone finishes rebooting.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

HI and welcome to the forums!

Please follow JMRMB80's directions, if that doesn't work:

When you use the phone the contact list is "opened".

Try this link:

Thanks,

Bifocals

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB04469&sliceID=1&command=show&forward=nonthr...

When attempting to access a corrupt contact list database on the BlackBerry smartphone, the following error message appears:

Uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointerException

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Elite I

Hey Bifocals that link isn't working. Try this one

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB04469

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: att

did you get a solution?  i have the exact same problem----including the "uncaught exception".

xenomax wrote:
Whenever I get a missed call, the icon will appear and the red led light will flash, but my missed calls are not listed in my log. The only ones listed are those that I've received and made. I don't remember making any changes to the settings, it just happened one day. I'm not sure if it is because of an error that appeared when I start my phone recently. It says "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException" anyone knows what that means? Thanks!

My Device: bold 9000

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

jmrmb80 wrote:

Hey Bifocals that link isn't working. Try this one

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB04469

Hiya, that link isnt working for me, whats the article title and ill try and find  new one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Elite I

I don't remember as that was over a year ago. Maybe to clear the Call Log database via Desktop Manager????

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Ah!

Well if thats the case, the article should be this one

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03952

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

I have this same problem.  Does anyone know of a solution?