Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Missing BIS option on email setup

When the phone booted up there was an option to set up the email via BIS or BES. I had to cancel since I wasn't sure what our email configuration was. Now that I am going thru the Setup Wizard > Email Setup only 1 options appears for the Enterprise email. How or where can I set this up for BIS since we don't have a enterprise server.

Thanks.

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Missing BIS option on email setup

You can try restoring the missing option by reregistering your device. Go into Options | Advanced Options | Host Routing Table. Select the bold entry in the list, hit you're menu button, and choose Register Now. Afterwards reset your device by removing the battery for 1 mintue and replace it to let the device reboot itself.

If that doesn't bring the options back you can setup a BIS account through your carrier's BIS website: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=13773

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry BOLD

hello, gtalavera my name is sam and im new to the forum. I got a blackberry bold 2days ago and i am having the same problem with the email. When i go into the email set up wizard it only gives me the option to set up enterprise email, i have performed the wipe handset function which didnt work, i also tried going to host routing table and selected register now and taking the battery out for 1minute. This also did not work, i really dont know where to turn and just wanted to know if you manage to get your sorted? thanks, sam
Elite I

sam316 wrote:
hello, gtalavera my name is sam and im new to the forum. I got a blackberry bold 2days ago and i am having the same problem with the email. When i go into the email set up wizard it only gives me the option to set up enterprise email, i have performed the wipe handset function which didnt work, i also tried going to host routing table and selected register now and taking the battery out for 1minute. This also did not work, i really dont know where to turn and just wanted to know if you manage to get your sorted? thanks, sam

That just means your carrier has to push down the necessary service book for the option to be available to setup personal email.

So you and the original poster can call your respective carrier's to do that or set it up through your carrier's website. Which carrier do you have?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
New Contributor

hi thanks for your fast reply, im with vodafone uk. I have tried to set it up through vodafone website which suprise suprise hasn't worked!! 
Elite I

[ Edited ]

sam316 wrote:
hi thanks for your fast reply, im with vodafone uk. I have tried to set it up through vodafone website which suprise suprise hasn't worked!! 

Is your device setup with a data plan from vodaphone?

Sometimes if they put the wrong plan or forget to put a data plan then you won't be able to setup an email account

Message Edited by jmrmb80 on 10-23-2008 06:21 PM
New Contributor

I'm goin to ring them tomorrow and check whats goin on. I really appreciate you help and kind replies, i will keep in touch with it when and how i get sorted cheers friend, sam.
Elite I

OK. Let us know how it goes   Smiley Happy
New Contributor

ALL SORTED

Hey guys just wanted to say i got the problem sorted. It turns out that phones4u didnt activate the blackberry email and internet pack on my account despite them assuring me they did. Anyway the guys in the vodafone store sorted me out and im now recieving emails on my Bold. and everything seems sweet, thanks alot for your comments and help. I will keep in touch and hopefully i may be able to help the next person with this problem in the future. Many thanks,  sam belfast
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: ALL SORTED

[ Edited ]

That'ts great!

Message Edited by Bifocals on 10-25-2008 11:54 AM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter