Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Missing Contacts

I have had contacts disappear from my phone.  More than once contacts I use daily are disappearing with no apparent explanation.  I have the new Torch came over from the Bold and not sure I shouldn't go back.

Retired
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Missing Contacts

You could try a clean application load of the device software, then create a contact or two to test. Before you do this I recommend that you back up your device.

How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Windows - KB11320

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11320

If the issue occurs again, contact your wireless provider for more options.

Hope this helps.

Solutions: 6,396
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

jimgreen, could you offer more detail?

Are you contacts synced using Gmail contact sync? Do you have a Gmail email address pushed to the BlackBerry?

Look at the Address Book > Filters. Are any checked? Uncheck them.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I don't have Gmail and the fact that its only a couple of contacts really bothers me and that is why I don't feel testing one or two addresses will validate a fix but thanks to both of you for your suggestions.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

You might also go into the contacts and press the menu key and go to options. Make sure that allowing duplicates and confirm delete are checked (selected).

New Contributor

I really appreciate all the responses and I have to tell you I have poked all around my phone and I did find the option to allow duplicates and confirm delete and both were already selected.  I can tell you as a matter of fact I have not had occasion to scroll through my address book where I might find myself accidentally deleting (and hitting the confirm button) so it must be something else.  The one perhaps additional issue that might be contributing to it is the fact that I apparently have 2 address books one called "Default" and the other is "AT&T Address Book" and the AT&T address books only has 2 entries while the Default has 121.  The AT&T one will also allow me to sync but I would like to have just one address book that I perhaps can keep consistent by doing just that.  Thoughts?

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

This is the same problem I am having, which has to do with the AT&T Address Book.

You can read my thread here.

Did you ever find a solution to your issue?

--
John Andrews