Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Missing Komposita functionality

Which OS release do you use?

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

He is on 7.1.0.569 as you can see above.

I've checked this on my husband's Bold now and it seems that additional feature is missing on 7.1.0.569. It is also missing on my Torch 9860 on OS 7.1.0.649, suggesting that this option may have been removed. If this OS is official for your carrier, you can call them to report this issue and hopefully they can forward it to RIM via the official channels so that it makes it through to the right people.

Now then, you should know that I don't recall ever seeing that option on my phone, so if you're comparing and OS6 device to an OS7 device, it may just be that the feature was removed with OS7. If it was there on a previous OS7 or OS7.1 version, let us know which one.

I hope that info helps! But at least you now know that it is not just your device.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Krypto wrote:

Now then, you should know that I don't recall ever seeing that option on my phone, so if you're comparing and OS6 device to an OS7 device, it may just be that the feature was removed with OS7. If it was there on a previous OS7 or OS7.1 version, let us know which one.

The 'compound words' feature is available on my 9850 on OS 7.1.0.402

I will be upgrading this week to the latest .649and will see if that feature remains on my device.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Ahh, got it. In that case, it looks like it's gone in the upper OS versions then.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Developer

Perhaps there is a possibility to restore it otherwise I will go back to a OS version, which contains that feature.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

That's a good plan!

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer

Perhaps someone can figure out, which modul it is. I have tried it yesterday, but without any success.
I would try different OS version til I will find it, but at the moment I have problems with the restore (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/Missing-text-messages-after-recovery/td-p/187...
Developer

Any news to that plan?
Super Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: vodafone UK

It's missing on v7.1.0.342.
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
Developer

It seems to miss on 7.1.0.746, too.
But there are now options for the virtual and hard keyboard. I don't understand the sense behind it, yet.