Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8820 'Thingy'
My Carrier: AT&T

Missing Notes & Tasks

My first time here & asking for help. I tried reading some of the rules. I am sure I will still stumble though this so hope you will be patient and forgiving ... as well as helpful.

I have two 8820 units. One dying/dead. I attempted to transfer typical data into OUTLOOK 2007 before I lost it and then would use Blackberry Desktop Manager to transfer other items between the two. Somehow in all the "movement", NOTES and TASKS Icons and data files have disappeared. I have no idea what happened or what to do next. I knew about Icons becoming invisible (hiding) and have checked. I just don't know what to do next. My bad problem is that I had about two years worth of notes and back-up data I had been collecting ... that is now lost if I can't get it back.

Any ideas, that will help? Anyone?

New Contributor
My Device: 8900

Re: Missing Notes & Tasks

Hey... I'm having the exact same problem after upgrading my 8900 to 5.0.  No memo pad or task manager!!!  I have gone through all the steps.  They do not show up in the applications list anywhere, on the device or in the desktop manager.  Were they removed from the 5.0 OS for some reason?

BTW, my carrier is AT&T and I'm on BIS.

Thanks!

New Contributor
My Device: 8900

I figured it out!  You have to run the LOADER.EXE program directly from PROGRAM FILES/COMMON FILES/RESEARCH IN MOTION/APPLOADER.

It worked for me anyway.  Good luck!

New Contributor
My Device: 8820 'Thingy'

Thanks for taking the time to research and let me know your results. Greatly appreciated. Perhaps I can return the favor some time or pay it forward.

My Device: Not Specified

I have the same problem, but don't understand how the application loader solves this.  Did you have an application to load that provides  the notes / tasks?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG191), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

davidw1 wrote:

I have the same problem, but don't understand how the application loader solves this.  Did you have an application to load that provides  the notes / tasks?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Notes (MemoPad) and Tasks are applications on the BB. One can choose to install them with the core OS or not. If they were not installed, then the application loader would be the method by which to install them. Check here:

• Homescreen > Options > (Advanced Options in some OS levels) > Applications

If they do not show (on some OS levels, they are in the Add-On section), then they are not installed and the application loader would install them.

If they do show, then the icons for them are simply hidden or moved to some other folder. Check all homescreen folders and be sure to have Show All active.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Not Specified

Hi,

I had the same issue described, after an OS update (now I have v5.0.0442).

Actually I have tried to launch application loader (via desktop manager) but it continues to give me the same kind of message: the application loader needs to be updated, then it connects and then I have in return an error message "during the download of the sw BlackBerry application loader. Retry".

I tried, actually several time but I got always the same reply.

Please help!

Filippo

New Contributor
My Device: CURVE 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Where do I find LOADER.EXE please. I have just this problem - my `notes' and `tasks' having disadpeared from my Blackberry Curve and when I try to set up the sync it shows that these are not downloaded - but they were there! Best regards  H. S

My Device: Pearl 8100
My Carrier: Rogers

I am also missing my "notes" and "tasks". I have run the apploader but notes and tasks are not on there either. How do I get them back on my BB. Thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: CURVE 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone

No one's replied to me yet either so we must await the boffin.  H M.