Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

Missing "Compose PIN" after OS Upgrade

On my Bold 9650 after successful OS upgrade to latest version OS 6.0.0.706 on Sprint, the capability to "Compose PIN" has completely disappeared.  Specifically in Messages, the menu option under Compose Other no longer has Compose PIN.  This loss of capability is a problems since I would communicate using PIN messages for those Blackberry users who do not have access to BBM.

Is there  a fix for this problem?  I have searched around without any success in finding a resolution.  This PIN message vanishing has been reported on other messaging boards but without any resolution.

Thanks,

Ed

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Globacom Nigeria

Re: Missing "Compose PIN" after OS Upgrade

Hey, i have the same problem as well. I upgraded to OS 6.0.0.706 for Partner COmmunications and the same thing happend. The Compose PIN option is gone.

I have looked around for a solution and found none.

New Contributor

Ditto here.  This issue has been reported on different forums but without any resolution.  I’m hoping since this is RIM’s official support forum for Blackberry that someone from their support department is monitoring and provide a response and hopefully a resolution.
Ed

New Contributor

I have a Sprint 9650 and I had the same problem after upgraded the OS.  The fix/solution I found on another website for a different model blackberry after an OS7 upgrade.  Here is the solution that fixes the issue.  Turn all connections off.  Reboot phone.  Check to see if "Compse PIN" option is back and then restore connections.  Will not work if you reboot the phone without shutting off all connections first.  Maybe RIM can figure out why it works this way. 

New Contributor

Thanks for sharing the fix you found. I tried and it and it worked initially, but later the Compose PIN disappeared again. Very weird.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

The fix seems to have stuck for me so far even after rebooting couple of times.   Are you able to reapply it?

Spoke too soon and I'll have to take that back.  When I did a regular reboot with all connections on the "Compose PIN" disappeared.  When I rebooted after the "Battery too weak for radio use" warning came on and the radio turned off and I rebooted with the radio off (while the phone was plugged in getting charged trying to get the radio to come back on quicker) the "Compose PIN" did not disappear.  Or if I reboot the phone turning all connections off, the "Compose PIN" remains as an option.  This is definitely a RIM/OS problem.

New Contributor

On my 9650 when I reboot with all radios off the Copmose PIN comes back, BUT as soon as I turn on the mobile network receiver (on Sprint) the Compose PIN feature disapears shortly after.  It seems to be a bug in the OS.  As a work around I got a friend to send me a PIN message and I saved multiple copies of it.  I use it to send PIN messages to folks that do not have BBM (not allowed by work) on their handhelds.

I'd rather RIM work on the next BB10 phones than deal with this.  They better bring a large screen wtih a slide out keyboard version to Sprint!!!

My Device: Style 9670

Hi..

I've got the same problem too..

I've try to reboot when all radio off and its appear,

then try turn on the radios and its still there.

I've tried to send to my own pin and its delivered.

But soon as I open the text,

its disappear again..

What should I do ?

Did someone has figure it out already ?

Thanks

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry® Curve
My Carrier: Reliance

Tried, worked, pinned Smiley Happy

1) Turn off all connections.
2) Reboot.
3) Go to 'Messages', hit 'Compose', you see 'Pin', Don't select anything.
4) Hold the BlackBerry Key, select 'Home'.
5) Goto 'Manage Connections', Turn connections 'On' that are required.
6) Hold BlackBerry key again, select 'Méssages', your 'Pin' as an option must be still visible.
Select it, pin, enjoy Smiley Happy
*Ping-Pong*
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry® Curve
My Carrier: Reliance

*Ping-Pong*