Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Missing the lightning bolt theme on my Storm. Can someone tell me how to get it?

I purchased my Storm on release day from my local Verizon. The theme it came with is a red screen with the Verizon checkmark. No offense to Verizon but I don't want that theme. When I go into themes it shows a small pic of the correct theme but you cannot choose it. I have looked everywhere on the phone and cannot find the lightning scene. Funny thing is I can't find a pic of the Verizon theme either. So now the mystery deepens because on occasion when checking my email a brief glimpse of about the bottom 1/4 of the lightning theme appears. I have had Blackberry on the phone and they can't find a copy of the silly theme to even email me and nobody can figure out why my phone is like this. They claim it should have come with the lightning theme on it and not the Verizon theme.

Can anyone help me with this? I am not totally techno dumb but I'm beginning to feel like it.

Thanks

Sue G

New Contributor

Re: Missing the lightning bolt theme on my Storm. Can someone tell me how to get it?

[ Edited ]
Don't feel bad.  I have had the same experience.  I'm surprised about the phone not allowing the other theme but I also surprised that some one would say the phone should have come with the lightening bolt as I seriously doubt that Verizon would "allow" that!  Hopefully some one who knows will reply and we both can learn.  Allan
Message Edited by allandwysmuller on 12-29-2008 09:35 PM
Contributor

Re: Missing the lightning bolt theme on my Storm. Can someone tell me how to get it?

The themes are just background images?  Or do they change the actual icon/buttons as well?  I just switched out the background with one I downloaded on the internet which was easy enough to do.
New Contributor

Thanks. Blackberry was completely puzzled and the poor guy did not want to give up on why my phone did not have that theme. What bugs me more is how it partially appears now and then. It's obviously there somewhere.

So do you have a site that has themes and games suitable for the Storm? I've looked on-line but really haven't found much for the storm and I have no idea how to make my own. I tried using a picture I took with the phones camera but the size was not right and it did not fill the screen.

I hope someone here can figure the mystery out.

Happy New Year!

Sue

New Contributor

So do you have a trustworthy site that has themes for the Storm? I've looked and have not found much.

Happy New Year!

Sue

New Contributor

I can't get it either, you are not alone!
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BB Storm

[ Edited ]

Here is a site that has some nice wallpapers. http://www.stormgrounds.com/

and another http://www.blackberrystormwallpaper.com/

also try this one http://crackberry.com/

Message Edited by Regulus49 on 12-30-2008 12:10 PM
Message Edited by Regulus49 on 12-30-2008 12:11 PM
Message Edited by Regulus49 on 12-30-2008 12:14 PM
a "storm" is coming
New Contributor

Thanks, I'll check them out.

Sue
New Contributor

WOO HOO! Thank you sooo much!

For anyone else Stormgrounds.com has lots of great wallpapers including the ORIGINAL STORM scene.

And they are free!

Happy New Year to all!

Sue

Contributor
My Device: BB Storm

QueenieBeanie wrote:
WOO HOO! Thank you sooo much!

For anyone else Stormgrounds.com has lots of great wallpapers including the ORIGINAL STORM scene.

And they are free!

Happy New Year to all!

Sue

no problem,glad I could help.

a "storm" is coming