Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Developer
My Device: Tour 9630 on AT&T

Re: Mobile Network - Drops from 1XEV (CAP CASE) to 1xev (lower case) and data service no longer work

Amazingly enough I am thinking this is a problem with the device software not the carriers. I have an unlocked Tour on AT&T and like your 1xEV goes to 1xev, mine keeps going EDGE to edge. And just like everyone else I lose all my data services untilI turn off the radio and turn it back on...
"....A smart man will realize that he knows nothing and has everything to learn....."
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Mobile Network - Drops from 1XEV (CAP CASE) to 1xev (lower case) and data service no longer work

I have been having issues with my new Tour 9630 unlocked on the same issue, it will drop the network from [EDGE] to [edge] or [3G#] to [3g] please does any one know how to get this fixed, is it software or settings related? I have spoken once last time with my carrier and if you guys cant help out, i will go back to my bold tomorrow.

thanks for any help in advance.... 

New Contributor

My Sprint friends sent me a second phone and it still had problems. I did then try the Tour (new phone/plan) on VZ and it appeared to work without issue. I also returned this one as the tethering plans are not affordable on VZ and returned to my Sprint with the BB 8830. 
Regular Contributor

i was having the exact same problem with my verizon tour. turned out that the phone was programmed incorrectly (no log in information for the high speed network). i had the phone replaced and that fixed my problem. but i guess yours might be a little different since you had the phone replaced.

www.whatsgoodblog.com
What's Good is your one stop site reviews about everything.

http://www.whatsgoodblog.com/featured/how-to-install-beta-os-or-other-carrier-os-on-blackberry-with-desktop-manager-for-mac/
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Hi all,

Just curious, as a Tour owner on Verizon, I know the phone is a global phone.  In the Options>Mobile Network, there is Network Technology.  My Tour came default on Global.  I changed this to 1XEV and have not had any problems.  I wonder if this could be a source of trouble for a lot o folks.  I'm not a technical guru, but I figure what the heck, give it a try.

Doc

Visitor

Same issue here (carrier: Verizon). Extremely frustrating. Have spent literally days trying to figure this out. I simply love the features on this phone, but it is behaving like a 'dumb phone,'  not a smart one. Have not had a problem like this on a cell phone for many years. A couple more wasted days of trying & I will return for a different model. What happens to all the 'accessories' I have purchased just for this phone? Have been all over the web & this is NOT an isolated thing. Complaints everywhere. I do not have the time to spend hours at the Verizon store seeing if a new one MIGHT work. Jeeez. Would love to wake up in the AM and (magically) have a working phone again.

I have a Verizon Storm 9530 and I'm having the same issue. I'm on my 3rd replacement that I just received a week or so ago. My 2nd worked perfect, but the "End Call" button stopped working and I was forced to replace it. Once I got this 3rd replacement, I started having the little "1xev" issue almost 4-5x a day.
New Contributor

maskau wrote:
Amazingly enough I am thinking this is a problem with the device software not the carriers. I have an unlocked Tour on AT&T and like your 1xEV goes to 1xev, mine keeps going EDGE to edge. And just like everyone else I lose all my data services untilI turn off the radio and turn it back on...

Your Tour will never pick up HSDPA in the U.S. period. ATT and Tmobile broadcast at a whole different freq then the phone supports 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Placing the mode from global to 1XEV will not fix the RF signal issue on either set(VZ/sprint).it's a known issue RIM has to work out