Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve - 9360
My Carrier: Vodacom

Mobile software update - HELP!!

I dont know why, but I decided to try update my phone software using my mobile phone - will never do that again.

The update is currently backing up my data, however it has been stuck on the "Social Feeds" back up - it is very annoying and nothing is happening.

How do I stop this update?? Is there anyway I can cancel this update and continue it through my PC.

Please help, I am getting so frustrated, it is only supposed to take 2 hours to update, it has been stuck on the "social feeds" backup for 1 hour already - I dont have enough patience for technology and its **bleep**.

Please help.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Mobile software update - HELP!!

Hi VMendoza

Welcome to the Community

Have you tried Over the Air device software Update ...It is not recommended at all.Also when doing a Backup or device Upgrade if  an encryption is turn on it will take a long time.So turn off your encryption next time .Regarding your problem have a look at this Solved Thread :   9360 update: its been froze on 7% all day 

I hope it helps

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB Passport, Z10 and PlayBook 64Gb
My Carrier: Proximus (BE)

Re: Mobile software update - HELP!!

I'm not sure about what is happening but I would strongly advice to WAIT for the process to end by itself!

Otherwise you risk to damage your device or lose precious information.

Do you have recent backup available through BB Protect for example?

If yes, then you can take your chance but I would not do it personnally Smiley Wink

------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to mark as "solved" if your question is replied and to "like" a useful reply to your post ;-)