Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Model 7290... No Telephone Service

My wife has Blackberry 7290 and her bills are always paid. Her telephone only service is from Rogers. Her telephone cannot make or receive telephone calls and the message reads "No Service".

Rogers has not been able to resolve the problem stating "because we are Mac users".

BTW her SIM card works fine in my Blackberry 8700. That is, she can make and receive telephone calls from my 8700 using her SIM card.

Sure would appreciate insights/help in getting this "no Service" problem resolved.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8100 8300 8700 8800

Re: Model 7290... No Telephone Service

I am guessing that they wanted you to reload the O/S on your wife's Blackberry and thats why they had mentioned they were unable to help you with your Macintosh?

that is the next logical step is to load the O/S onto the device, which means that you will need access to a windows based computer. It will not work thru a Mac.

New to a Blackberry? Check out http://www.discoverblackberry.com
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

GeeMrScience... Thank you for responding. Wihin the past few days we did  Blackberry 7290 O/S re-load using a Windows PC machine. Still no go. Looks like the antenna just won't receive radio signals anymore. It must be old age.

With appreciative regards,

Sheamus

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8100 8300 8700 8800

Sorry to hear that about the device, the 7290 is a great Blackberry. If a reload failed to correct, it just may be defective unfortunately.
New to a Blackberry? Check out http://www.discoverblackberry.com
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 7290™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 7290™

I do have the same problem, can anybody help us out.