Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Re: More "trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World server"

Device model 8330m

Device software version 4.5.0.138

Carrier US Cellular

BIS, BES or Both? BIS

Version of the App World client 1.1.0.11

Did you remove the old version prior to upgrading? no previous version

Did you have any paid apps purchased from the previous version? no

"trouble connecting to the blackberry app world server"

New Contributor

Would be nice if a BlackBerry Technical Advisor would let us know if they were at least working on this and would give us an update. Not sure if anybody even knows or cares about this.

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

Ok here's something new...  Using the "close all connections" item listed earlier....once you restore the connections, quickly go to the "My World" screen, hit the BB button (the one with 7 dots) and select "Login"   Login using your PAYPAL account info...

I still get blue bar at the top of the screen but can scroll thru and get around without the error popping up anymore....  One thing at a time.

I cannot stress enough....be real quick to get to the login before the error pops up.  If you don't get it in time, go back thru the steps of closing connections, restore connections, launch BBAW and try again....

hope the helps somewhat

Massive Berry-Junkie

Verizon Wireless
Curve 8330
Highlighted
Visitor

Me too - I have a BB Curve 8330 from Alltel (Now Verizon) and I got the Spanish EULA and could not connect and then I uninstalled and reinstalled and same thing - cannot connect to BB App store.
Contributor

Ok here is a little add on note-

I had installed the spanish version...to see if the apps were mixed up or something... anyway...

went back thru the website to install the english version...just installed over the spanish to see if it would start getting the "trouble connecting..." error again.  It does not - it stays fixed as far as the PAYPAL login goes.

it looks like the "...trouble connecting..." message IS tied to paypal login after all, since that is how you pay for apps purchased thru BBAW...

Thoughts??

Massive Berry-Junkie

Verizon Wireless
Curve 8330
New Contributor

I did what wickedstepdaddy suggested and it worked for me. Restarted Blackberry after doing it and it still works fine. Would suggest that everyone try his suggestion. Works fine for me now. Good luck everybody.

Contributor

Question for wickedstepdaddy  did you install over the air or through your computer the last time you got it to get that far? I suspect too that it is due to the eula being in spanish but nothing ive tried gets the new uela to show up. I've not tryed yet over my computer other than to see if i could restore my old one that worked slow but worked.
New Contributor

Ok. it works somewhat. When I actually click on an app it says "This application is not available on your device or for your carrier" and I am not able to view any categories. Getting closer than before but not yet there
Contributor

The last install was thru the computer... because when I tried to remove the spanish ver. using the BB desktop mgr it did not show up in the list so I pointed the browser on my laptop to the BBAW page and installed over the spanish ver.  I still have only got the spanish EULA once at the very beginning of this saga yesterday afternoon.

It was not until I gon into the app that the reviews were in spanish that I remembered I installed the spanish version...  Smiley Very Happy

So....  This is not a FIX for BBAW, I still cannot load apps, or see app listings except for the "Featured" apps...  This just gets me into the BBAW so I will continue to poke around to see if I can find anything...

Thanks gents..

Message to RIM:

Get off your duff, this type of issue for upgraded software that BREAKS a good working version with no back leveling recourse is way beyond unacceptable!

Massive Berry-Junkie

Verizon Wireless
Curve 8330
Contributor

This work-around doesn't help me; perhaps because this is my first time trying to access BBAW.  When I close the connections and restore them, I can get into the program to a "loading" bar, but when I quickly press the APP button, the pop-up menu doesn't have LOGIN on it.  Then, of course, too much time has gone by, and I get the error message about the program being unable to connect, blah, blah, blah.  Smiley Sad