Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: 447982130367

Most Important icons missing after phone crashed

I've got a big problem, this morning I took my phone off charge and it crashed like I'd taken the battery out but I hadn't.

It got stuck on the O2 loading page and wouldn't turn on so took the battery out and it did the same thing getting stuck on the O2 screen. I found that if you turned it off and on with the power off button it would turn on.

After it turned back on lots of the icons were missing, BBM, Browser, Facebook, Emails, Profiles icon (for changing from vibrate to silent etc) and other things that I can't remember just know there's more than that missing as the folders and menu are very empty.

I can now get to BBM and the browser using the switch applications menu and they work fine so the applications don't need reinstalling the icons have just disappeared.

I've looked for them in the folders and checked the 'show all option' and changed the theme back to the original and still nothing. Also done lots of restars taking battery out and waiting etc. I haven't upgraded anything recently so can't have been that changing any settings.

Please help I need my phone to work until christmas when I can get a new one

Also I don't have the cable to attach phone to the computer to back it up and reset to factory settings

Really hoping there's a different way as the applications are there and work fine just need to find the icons

Thanks, Jess

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Most Important icons missing after phone crashed

Hi and Welcome to the community!

Given what you describe, I believe that an OS reload to be the only course of action for you to attempt. Unfortunately, such requires the USB cable and a computer to do so. So, please obtain those and then come back for the detailed instructions.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................