Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530 OS .75 Verizon

Movies for your Blackberry Storm!

[ Edited ]

Hi there, I thought I would share a quick tutorial on how I put movies on my Storm. One thing I think the Storm does nicely is play movies and media. 

1. I go to  http://www.zml.com you have to pay for these movies but if you want quality movies on your Storm then you will have to pay for them. The cost per movie is from $1.99 -$4.99. So set up your free account, add money to your account and start shopping. If you have a DVD Ripper then you can create your movie and follow steps 3-6.

2. Once you have found a movie you would like to purchase and download, I choose the "iPod" download version. Download the movie to your desktop. Download process will take a bit of time depending on your connection speed.

3. Once download is complete, go to OPTIONS>MEMORY>, be sure MTP is ON, Mass Storage Mode Support ON, Auto enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected either YES or PROMPT, save those settings.

4. Now connect your Storm using your USB cable to your computer. You should have a "Blackberry 1 and a Blackberry 2" showing as a connected device (Finder window for MAC). Highlight Blackberry 2, double click on the BLACKBERRY folder, then double click on the VIDEOS folder. Now you simple DRAG and DROP your movie file from your desktop to your VIDEOS folder, you should see your computer copying files, when that completes its done.

5. Eject your blackberry 2 and then your blackberry 1 and you can safely remove your Storm from the USB cable.

6. To view your movie go to MEDIA>VIDEOS and choose your movie.

Hope that helps anyone interested in movies on their Storm. Goodluck!  

Message Edited by califjewls on 12-17-2008 05:45 PM
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Movies for your Blackberry Storm!

I'm not able to copy real player videos from my computer to my blackberry storm using roxio in the media center. Any answers. Thanks.

Contributor
My Device: BB Storm

[ Edited ]

juiceman wrote:

I'm not able to copy real player videos from my computer to my blackberry storm using roxio in the media center. Any answers. Thanks.

there was a topic on this somewhere on these forums.It helps alot.Do a search for movies or something and it should pop up.

I found it,its called" i just watched the godfather on my storm" thread.Hope it helps.

Message Edited by Regulus49 on 12-20-2008 04:22 PM
a "storm" is coming
New Contributor

Thanks, but the website the person refers to is specifically for downloading movies that are sold on DVDs. It seems that the storm should be able to convert real player videos by using the media manager supplied with the phone. We'll see.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]
This worked perfectly, thanks!  The ZML website is easy to use and the drag and drop feature to load movies on the Storm is quick, painless and a lot easier than using the BB Desktop software, i.e. Roxio media mgr.  I recommend it for adding pics as well as videos.  The only issue I'm having is determining the best video format, resolution, aspect ratio and whether or not to use letterbox with the video conversion.  As a test, I have converted Quantum of Solace 10 times (with differing output settings) from original .avi to .3gp and .wm4 and have achieved relative viewable success with three of these versions.  The three good versions have a letterbox that takes up a big portion of the Storm's huge screen and the movie views as a sliver across the screen.  The other 7 tries resulted in objects being stretched vertically, but at least a full screen (makes one nauseous though).  I have sent a request to Aone software that makes Ultra Mobile 3gp video convertor (recommended in this string or another I was viewing).  I will offer their response but if anyone out there has this figured out.......
Message Edited by MNCBrian on 12-27-2008 09:33 AM
New Contributor

I downloaded a movie using this website and the quality is GREAT but my question is how do I get the moves I download to show using the full screen on my Storm? The Babylon AD movie that was pre loaded when I got the phone shows using the full screen but when I download movies from this site, they show in widescreen. You got any ideas on how to fix the problem?

Thanks, Tavares

New Contributor

Thank you so much.It worked perfect on my Mac.I only had Blackberry 2 show up but it works fine.

thanks for the info on zml....very easy to use.  Do you know or does anyone know how to watch these movies in full-screen?  Watching the wide-screen version uses only half the screen on the Storm.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Geraghty4 wrote:

Do you know or does anyone know how to watch these movies in full-screen?  Watching the wide-screen version uses only half the screen on the Storm.

In my opinion it's because the resolution of the video is too big. You should re-encore the video and use a 480pixels width.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
alz
Contributor

I have found the mpg4 do be the best. No conversion is necessary and you save alot of time. Media Manager isn't reliable. You can drag the time marker while watching the movie to go forward or backward.