Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Movies for your Blackberry Storm!

I'm trying to figure the same thing out rha01l. I don't see a view full screen option anywhere on this Storm. I've downloaded handbrake and everything. And when I download the movies from zml.com and try to crop them on handbrake, they still come out showing in widescreen. It's not using up the entire screen like the preloaded Babylon A.D. movie is. I'm clueless as to how to get these movies to show in full screen.
New Contributor

4, ditto, I am attempting to convert Hancock over to MP4 using Handbake, as I have given up on the ZML movie download, as I do not see where you can change the resolution during the initial download, therefore, I'm still stuck with a "small" screen version.  Hopefully someone smarter than us (ha) will post some more direction to our plight.  Thanks...
New Contributor

I feel you on that. I will keep trying to figure it out on this end. Good luck on your end.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I posted this on another thread but I need help:

I have been trying to get movies on my storm all day but I am completely lost, I tried to use handbrake and have no idea how to use it. If anyone can email me and give me some help it is greatly appreciated!

thanks to anyone willing to help.

EDIT: Removed email address.

Message Edited by MohA on 03-13-2009 01:00 PM
New Contributor

When using handbrake under picture settings tab click Anamorphic dropdown and select none, then above that put in 480X360 and now the movie will be Full screen.
Highlighted

you can also check out http://www.blackberrymoviemachine.com. They have a bunch of movies already converted that you can download straight to your device.

alz
Contributor

Ok how do u ff once u have loaded the movie?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

alz wrote:
Ok how do u ff once u have loaded the movie?

Do you mean to ask how to you fast forward while playing the movie? If so, lightly tap (don't click) the screen while it is playing...that will bring up the control panel. It's touchy and requires a lot of getting used to.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................

I have a MAC and when connecting my Storm to it via USB, it does not appear anywhere in Finder. What am I doing wrong ? 
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Hello there, I tried your steps to get movies to load and play on my blackberry storm and I keep getting an error message that the file form is not supported when I try and play the movie on my storm.  I have also tried downloading the codec files and nothing seems to work.  Any suggestions?

Thanks