Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: wind

Multilanguage Pack for 9900 Bold with 7.0.0 OS

[ Edited ]

I am trying to expand the availble languages (my options are only French and English)

to include Italian 

Does any one know how to do this? 

My e-mail address is [Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.]

Any information is most appreciated

Thanks and all the best, 

Carlo

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Multilanguage Pack for 9900 Bold with 7.0.0 OS

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses obtaining languages:

• KB13067 How to obtain language packs for BlackBerry smartphones

Hopefully it contains something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact process...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

thank you for the indication.I opened th link.

The versions available do not exactly match my numbers.

For instance the Platform # is different 734 instead of my 496.

Is that OK?

Thanks,

Carlo

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

To strictly follow the procedure, you need to exactly match the OS that is already running on your BB:

• KB23393 How to check the model number and version of installed BlackBerry device software on a BlackBerry smartphone

Anything different in any of the 4 octets would be a different OS package. That said, that's not necessarily a bad thing...if there is an updated OS package for your BB, then updating to that would likely be a good thing to do, and would have the side benefit of also having the language you desire.

BTW...the "Platform" number is not the relevant data, as you will see in the above linked KB. You match that to, via the official download portal, the "Applications" entry on a carriers specific download page for your specific model BB. So, for instance, while I don't know your carrier, I can find these two packages on the AT&T site:

Capture.JPG

You would compare what your BB is running (as per the above KB method) against what I have circled above. Note that they have two packages...the difference being "Multilanguage" versus "All Languages"...unfortunately, until you load it up, there's no way to know for certain what the actual difference in included languages is. But, typically, if you choose the "All Languages" version, you can then just suppress the languages you do not want when you install the OS to your BB.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thank you very much for all your help. 

Let me try and understand

First I do the download to my Mac 

then I connect my device to my BB via Usb 

What happens next?

All my best, 

Carlo

Hall of Famer III

Uh oh...new information...MAC...I've no experience doing these things with MAC. Please stand by...this thread will shortly be moved to the MAC forum...please ignore much of what I previously recommended...with MAC, you cannot choose a specific OS package to install and use...rather, you are restricted to only the OS packages that your carrier has sanctioned. With MAC, there are fewer "tricks" available to get things going than with PC. Stand by...