Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Multimedia Headset and Storm2..... Help!

I got the multimedia headset for my Storm2 today.  The only button that works is the play/pause..  Forward/Back/Volume do not work. Ever.  Got another headset (same) does the same thing.  When music isn't being played you can hear a little beep each time you touch each of the buttons so they are working.

Any idea what is up with this?  I can only think that it's the BB OS having issues.  I've read around and it seems I'm not alone.  I spend all this money for this headset because of the controls only to get burned again with them not working.

has anyone gotten the storm2 to work with the headset (all buttons working)?

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Multimedia Headset and Storm2..... Help!

Is the the same issue you posted here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Accessories/Knottyrope-s-Blackberry-Premium-Multim...

Can you please link to the other places you have read ("seems I'm not alone")?

That would help, to pinpoint the issue.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: 9550 Storm2
My Carrier: Verizon

I am experiencing the same and would love to have a fix for this.  I used the multimedia headset with my Bold and Bold2.  I've now switched providers to Verizon and went with the Storm2.  Very disappointed to find that it does not do anything more than play/pause.  As someone who takes his BB everywhere, this has really caused problems in working out and being on the go.  It should not be advertised as something that works with Storm2 if it does not.

My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: VZW

I have the same problem too, so I went to VZW today to do some research. I took my Storm 2 9550 and asked for the Premium multimedia headset for my phone. She brought out p/n HDW 15765-001 which I plugged into my phone to try and got the same results as I did with the one I have. Only the pause/play button worked and nothing else. We tried the headset on the Storm's  they had at the store and the same results. We tried the headset on other phones with OS less than 5.0 and everything worked fine, even mine worked so I know my headset is good. It appears the problem is in the OS 5.0. RIM will need to fix this soon because the new OS will not support the Premium Multimedia Headset. I just bought the phone and headset too. I hope that RIM and Blackberry monitor this board since it is the only way to voice my frustration. Blackberry wants a credit card number to talk to someone and you cannot contact RIM. Also these headsets have a life limited battery in them that cannot be replaced.