Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Multimedia SMS messages?

[ Edited ]

[ Sorry - on further checking this should read 'how do I enable MMS' ? ]  

Hi

Brand new BB owner (Pearl 8130). I have a Telus Faves 35 plan with unlimited email / messaging add-on and have a question about SMS messaging. The Faves 35 plan includes "unlimited picture and video messaging with your Fave 5" (one of whom I was communicating with). When I receive a multimedia message (text with attached image), I only receive the text plus a URL at telusmobility.com where I should go to view the attached image. I thought this image would render inline in the text? Under the camera application there is a send function but no option to send an image to a cell phone - just email.

Not up to speed yet on the sematics, but on my old Nokia pay-as-you-go 3235i the images on SMS messages were always rendered inline. Am I using the wrong approach to send and recieve multimedia?

Thanks

Scotty

Message Edited by Scotsman66 on 07-02-2008 12:27 PM
Schottland uber alles
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Multimedia SMS messages?

This is happening due the fact that your mobile number or SIM card is not provisioned for getting MMS service. The messages that you're receiving means that your SIM card is not attached with your carriers MMSC.

To enable MMS service contact your carrier. They will do the rest and only then you'll be able to send MMS from your BlackBerry. This problem is not related to BlackBerry device.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Multimedia SMS messages?

Thanks Tanzim - it seems kinda silly to not have it enabled if your plan allows you to use it - I assume the "Unlimited picture and video messaging" on my Fave 35 plan refers to MMS support amongst other things?

Thanks for the information - I'll stop by the store on the way home and badger them since the Telus mms website is pretty much DOA right now and has been flaky for a few days

btw the Pearl is fabulous - no probs at all Smiley Happy 

Scotty 

Schottland uber alles