Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Multiple BBs / One Computer

I have a Storm and my wife has the 8830 WE.  Can I use the desktop manager that came with my Storm to connect both phones and manage each phones applications?
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Multiple BBs / One Computer

Welcome to Blackberry Community!!

Yea you can. These is no issue with using different devices with one desktop. However, if you're connected with corporate email through BlackBerry BES service then you need to be cautious. Don't redirected email to other device.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

My Storm is just BIS, but my wifes 8830 is BES.  I am not exactly sure what you mean by redirecting email.  can you explain in just a little more detail.  Sorry I am really new to BB devices.

Thanks for your help!

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

When you installed the Desktop Manager which option was selected? If its installed as BIS then no issue. But if the PC/Laptop's email program is connected with you wife's BES then you'll be prompted whether you want to change your email redirection to a new PIN or not.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Highlighted
New Contributor

Great.  I had installed the desktop manager originally for interface with my Storm on BIS, so it sounds like I should be okay.  Thank you very much for the help.