Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Multiple Email Accounts - Separate Notifier Icons

So...I have a hard time believing I'm the first person who's ever thought of this and yet I fear Blackberry has no option in their software to accommodate my need. I've got a new Blackberry Torch 9800 (obviously, why else would I be posting in this forum) that was issued to me by my company. Needless to say it has my company email account on it and I've also just added my personal email account to it as well.

In the 3 weeks since I first got the phone I've had only the corporate email account active and have thus become dependent on the New Message notifier icon at the top of the home screen. The problem I have now, is that when I see 1 or more new messages I no longer have any idea if it is a work email or a personal one.

I was hoping there would be a way to change the notifier icon for my personal email account so at a glance i can see how many items i have for either account. I know I could just turn off the notifier function for the personal account which would remove it from that notification area, but I'd really prefer not to do that, I just want some ability to tell the two apart at a glance.

ps. One more note to explain my stance a bit more, my company requires a minimum 6 digit password on the device. You can imagine I'd like to know if a new message is an important email from the boss, or just the latest deals from Newegg before I got through the steps to type in that 6 digit password.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Vaughn

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Multiple Email Accounts - Separate Notifier Icons

No, there's not a way for a separate icon that I can think of.

There's a chance there could be some third party app that I don't know, check www.blackberryapps.com and AppWorld.

You can always use the LED alert, using something like BeBuzz, to give you a different LED color for one or the other email accounts, as well as the audible notification, both of which I know not satisfy your "at a glance" need.

good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: o2

what you need to do is click on the message folder the press the blackberry menu key in the new list choose options and then inbox settings, from here you can remove the tick from the email option then send and email to yourself which should activate a seperate email folder.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I added drivsaf.ly which with the free ver. Reads the first ed words of all incomming messages when on which might be aprob in meetings but I like it cause I don't have to open messages to know what's there as long as I hear the notification
My Device: 9650
My Carrier: verizon

I had this issue a while back and the guys at support at RIM sent me this. It worked for me;

Article Title: How to create a separate icon on the BlackBerry Smartphone for only BlackBerry Enterprise Server messages

Article Number: KB15003

Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15003

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Super simple:

The reason the icons aren't showing is because you need to reget the Service books from the email provider you have set up.

Go to the Setup Icon > Email Accounts and you will see your Rogers, Yahoo, Hotmail, Etc.

From there, highlight the account and press the menu button > Change to full menu and select the Service book option.

On the next page, click on Send Service Book and voila.

The icons will show up on your blackberry.

Next step to seperate your work emails from the rest. Show all icons > Unhide the Desktop icon and hide the Messages Icon. Uncheck show all and you will only see the icons you want.

The Desktop Icon will only show your BES emails.

Good luck.