Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Multiple Mail Icons

I just upgraded to the Tour 9630 yesterday from US Cellular. I had a MotoQ from them that was not a refined as the BB.

Yesterday during the setup process, the phone couldn't connect to my company's pop3 mail server, so they had me sign into a webpage, type in the info for each of my two company email accounts and that info was pushed down into my BB and it started working within 30 minutes.

The email is working well, but I have three email icons: One with the combined email of both accounts and one additional mail icon for each of the two accounts. I would like to clean it up so I only have one email icon. How do I do that without deleting the two accounts tied to the 2nd and 3rd icon?

Thanks,

TG

Developer
My Device: Tour

Re: Multiple Mail Icons

You have some options here...but since you only want the one inbox for both accounts just do the following to each of the two inboxes: from the screen where they are (should be the home screen) with both mailboxes displaying, click once on either of the mailboxes to highlight it, and then click on the BB menu key (left of the trackball).  Select HIDE.  Do the same for the other mailbox. (You can always display these again by doing the same thing and UNchecking "Hide" or for a temporary look just check "Show All", which can then also be unchecked.

All email accounts on your BB will always be in the unified messages inbox (labeled "Messages"), so now just put that inbox on your homescreen on the first row and you'll see a notification each time a message comes into either account.

You might want to talk to your company about IMAP settings for your two accounts instead of POP.  If they're available, you'll get a lot more mileage out of your BB...POP3 is pretty archaic these days.  If they have this, post back for further advice.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Excellent post Larry, congratulations, Kudos to you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

That worked great. Thanks, TG