Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Multiple alarms: can I and how?

I am a 2 day old BlackBerry curve owner and I love the phone. But their is one thing I need that I can not find and was told it does not have,,,

More than one alarm.

My life requires at leaste two alarms on my phone in one day, and it is a pain in the arse to keep resetting the same alarm a few times a day.

Verizon told me that the curve only has one alarm.

This is a Smartphone. how could it be not smart enough to keep more than one alarm?!?

Is their a way to set up multiple alarms without going through the calander?

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Multiple alarms: can I and how?

As you were told the BB Alarm cannot do multiple alarms but here is a link to two multiple alarm apps

http://www.berryreview.com/2008/05/06/bbsmart-alarms-pro-version-11-released-multiple-alarms/

Let me know if this helps!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Akuma-Shiro wrote:

I am a 2 day old BlackBerry curve owner and I love the phone. But their is one thing I need that I can not find and was told it does not have,,,

More than one alarm.

My life requires at leaste two alarms on my phone in one day, and it is a pain in the arse to keep resetting the same alarm a few times a day.

Verizon told me that the curve only has one alarm.

This is a Smartphone. how could it be not smart enough to keep more than one alarm?!?

Is their a way to set up multiple alarms without going through the calander?

Hello,

on any of my phones, I have never used the alarms application. I always use the calendar with appointments, that I make ring. Works better, and you can set different ringtones for each of your event if you want. For waking up, I took an extract of the Valve Portal sound. It goes "hello, is anyone there ?". For the eating at noon, I have another from Blizzard Starcraft "I need a fix". For the urgent meeting but casual, I have another from Blizzard Starcraft "Somebody called for an exterminator?".
You can even set recurrent appointments (every monday, every morning, every saturday, etc.)

No, I am not a BOFH. But sometimes I wish I were.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Please tell me how to get an audible alarm for appointments.  I can't find any reference anywhere and migrated from a Palm, which gave me alarms for each appointment.  All I get is a silent on-screen reminder.  Any help appreciated.

I always use the calendar with appointments, that I make ring. Works better, and you can set different ringtones for each of your event if you want.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

If I read you right you are looking to set ringtones for appointments in your calendar.

Go to profiles - advanced - (select profile you use) - menu key - edit Calendar.

You can then set the ringtones and options you need to alert you of an appointment. Be sure to pick your options in both the holster and out of holster options. You will then need to do the same for every profile you use.

When setting an appointment in calendar you have the option of a reminder as well.

Hope this answers your questions!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8310

Access to Profiles is gained through the Applications option.  Scroll through the Applications to find Profiles.  Once you choose Advanced, choose Calendar from the Menu and then you can set up your alarms the way you like.  As a novice user I had trouble finding the Profiles option and relating that to the calendar.  I had only used it for my phone options.  (Yes, I don't listen, I never have and I never will)  :-)

Go to Calendar>Press blackberry key>New Alarm

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310

[ Edited ]

Thank-you so much for telling me about the calendar settings etc as I didn't know about the alarms working with this and also tasks. I was just about to buy an alarm ap and now I don't have to! Smiley Very Happy