Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Multiple emails

I have multiple email adresses and I would like to find out how to set them each up so that the email address is the same whether I am on the phone or at my computer. One of my emails is on a Cox server and 2 others are on other separate servers.

I currently have it set up to recieve a forwarded copy from my cox email, but if I reply to the email or need to send an email out it comes from my black berry.net email. I need it to be from the email it was forwarded from as if I were at my desk.

Thanks in advance.

Amy

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Multiple emails

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10154&slic...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Don't forward the Cox email to the device:

Setup the Cox email on the device.

Read this on email setup: Email Setup 101

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

I will be back to let you know

New Contributor

Ok... I am feeling really dumb, but it looks like the first link is instructions to configure on a computer... Am I missing somthing?
New Contributor

Installing the phone software now... I am suuming that is what is needed as I cant find anything on the website

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

You can access your BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) configurations either via a PC/browser or via the device inteface...the result is the same. The only difference is that with the first method you have a full size keyboard and monitor to work with rather than the device screen. It's your choice which method to use...the result will be the same.

Except -- to use the PC/browser method, you have to associate a BIS account (with login credentials) to your device PIN -- since, via that method, it can't know what device you are using. After that, you would also have to use those credentials on your device -- but there is a checkbox to tic that will allow your device interface to remember the credentials from then on out...so you only have to type those credentials on the device once.

To use the PC/browser method, find your carriers BIS login site here:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Where_can_I_log_into_my_BIS_account%3F

Cheers!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Guru I

Hi,

The link I gave you has the Blackberry setup.

The top of Sgadne's article is for PC access, the bottom has the setup via Blackberry.

You can access the BIS site either way.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Hall of Famer III

amy85339 wrote:

Installing the phone software now... I am suuming that is what is needed as I cant find anything on the website

Phone Software? You mean the desktop software that came with the device? Not necessary for what you are attempting to accomplish...

Guru I

sdgardne wrote:

amy85339 wrote:

Phone Software? You mean the desktop software that came with the device? Not necessary for what you are attempting to accomplish...

Sgardne will guide you through, I don't want to get you confused.

You're in excellent hands !

Bifocals