Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BB

Multiple problems with BlackBerry Storm 2 9550

I purchased a BlackBerry Storm 2 9950 about 2 weeks ago.  It was my first BlackBerry device.  I had the screen locking problem, mostly with the end key, that I see a few people on here have experienced.  It didn't bother me too much, I got used to it and I work with it.  Then after having it for about a week, the speaker (the one you listen to when talking on the phone normally, not using speaker) started to sound bad, and throughout the day got worse until it sounded completely blown.  I had the volume around 35% since I had gotten the phone.  I thought it was just a fluke, so I took the phone in and it was gladly replaced for me.  I was hoping that this would also resolve my issue with the screen locking.  It didn't.  I figured oh well, I would keep it anyways, I love the phone and all the features and it is something I can deal with.  Yesterday (after about 4 days of having this device) it started reseting itself randomly.  It is the only thing I keep in my pocket, I keep my wallet and keys in other pockets.  I always lock the screen when putting it in my pocket.  Three times yesterday my phone reset itself, I pulled it out of my pocket and it was turning on, but not just like when you turn it off, I'm talking it was turning on like when you take the battery out and put it back in, and it takes 2-3 minutes to turn back on, and it resets the security software etc.  It also wiped out all my contacts.  So after that happening three times yesterday, I synced it once again with my computer, and it seemed to be fine the rest of the day, and most of the day today, until about an hour ago, when it did it once again.  What is the deal?  Should I go in and get another device, or should I switch to another brand of phone.  I would like to call it bad luck, but for a phone that retails at $500 dollars, I don't think I should be having 2-3 different problems within 2 weeks of owning the phone.  I'm afraid of getting a new device and having another issue with it outside of the replacement period and be hosed out of my money.  What should I do?

My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Multiple problems with BlackBerry Storm 2 9550

I have had the same problem, my phone resets itself multiple times daily, the only connection i have made is when the phone moves quickly, so hunch is the Acclerometer cant handle a sudden movement.  I have also had my phone for about 2 weeks, and this is my 6th storm... 4 storm 1's and 2 storm 2's.  I would advise to see if the problem fixes itself, it has been my experience with this phone that it takes some time for the phone to work at 100%.  If you keep having the problem try maybe switching phones if they let you.  I know verizon allows for you to change out phones within 30 days.  Then with the screen problem that is an issue with the RAM of the phone, i have issues with my send and end button during calls, and the verizon store told me that the RAM has a little trouble keeping up, so you just have to get used to it.  Good luck with it, and i hope some has a solution to the reseting thing.    

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9550

You may be experiencing production run problems.  I've had my Storm 2 for 6-8 weeks now and have not experienced any of those problems.  The small problems I'm having relate to apps that are not yet engineered for the Storm 2.  Primarily with those apps (NY Subway and NYC Bus maps, plus the London Tube map and Score Mobile), I can't get rid of the keyboard.  The developers have been of zero help so far in working with me to resolve this problem.  So I just live with it and view half a screen.

My Device: BlackBerry Storm 2 (9520)
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Although not answering the OPs thread. I was reading your response about your keyboard not going away in some non-Storm 2 apps. Have you tried to disable app compatibility for those apps? I found doing that removed the keyboard from the non-Storm 2 apps I downloaded.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

i would like to say i have had problems like the resetting of the phone i found out it was one of the apps i loaded since i got rid of all my apps it doesnt happen any more so try to delete the apps 3rd party     it should stop the resetting of your phone

the keyboard i do have that problem but its not very often and i shut the phone off and turn it back on not a batt pull just off and on

good luck to you

My Device: BB Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Airtel India

Hi, I have purchased a Blackberry Storm 2 9550,from Verizon, and Using Airtel India Service in it. I was not getting EDGE in caps, though i have all the required services activated in my number. Then I called up BB customer care, they informed me to get GPRS & MMS deactivated then only BIS will work, I did the same, and it worked out. But i want to have this GPRS & MMS service as well. Is there any way to use BIS service having GPRS & MMS service active on the number. Please Help.