Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Multiple repeat text messages

Using a Bold 9900 v7.1 bundle 1333 ( v7.1.0.402) on Vodafone UK, I have this evening suddenly received about 50 copies (and counting) of the same text message from a friend.

Any ideas where I should look to try and stop this constant delivery?  I have switched phone off and removed battery to no avail.

TIA

Dave

Developer
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Multiple repeat text messages

Are you sure the issue is not from your friend who might have accidentally resent the same message repeatedly?

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Contributor

While my friend may be absent minded enough to press the screen more than once, I received over a 100 of the same text and I can't see them being that absent minded!

I am pleased to say that, having switched the phone off all night, this morning I have not received any more of these texts.  Mind you, I have yet to receive a text....

Thanks for answering.

Dave

Developer
My Carrier: Rogers

it is possible that he/she may have sat on his/her phone which would have click resend repeatedly. It has happened before Smiley Wink

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Highlighted
Contributor

Her phone stopped sending me texts when she ran out of credit!!  Thank heavens for "pay as you go".  Investigation by her service provider showed that every time she sent me a text, my system / phone repleid with a 120 charachter text which casued her provider to send me the same text again and so on....  Unfortuantely no-one can suggest why this happened.

I have since received fruther texts fromher and a number of other people but only one of each type - long may that continue!