Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Music (In the arms of an angel) plays whenever a message is delivered or phone call comes in

Since the software upgrade on the 9630 whenever a text message or phone call comes in the song "In the arms of an angel" begins to play.  I do not have this song loaded on my phone ( I never had it loaded onto my phone) and can't seem to figure out why it starts to play.

Anyone else having this issue?

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: Music (In the arms of an angel) plays whenever a message is delivered or phone call comes in

Oh I like that song.

But strange issue, all the same.

1. What is your Operating System loaded to your device?  Look at Options > About, third line down beginning with a "v.5.xxx".  What is yours?

2. Open your icon for Sounds or Profiles. Scroll down to Set Ringtones/Alerts and edit your SMS or Phone  settings for the ringtone or tune played. Change it to something other than whatever it is presently.

And save.

Now, see if she continues to sing.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Re: Music (In the arms of an angel) plays whenever a message is delivered or phone call comes in

V5.0.0.591

New Contributor
My Device: Tour - 9630

I am having a similar issue. After a call or attempted call ends, my Tour plays the old "duck job" sound file, even when the phone is on silent. I never loaded that file on my BB, and it still is not showing on it. Never the less, it is there.

The issue started when someone sent me a MMS about the sex worm. He has a basic phone, and does not realize he sent me a virus. Yes, I said it, a virus. Did your issue start after someone sent you an MMS?

supercab95 wrote:

V5.0.0.591

And question #2?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates

eclipso13 wrote:

I am having a similar issue. After a call or attempted call ends, my Tour plays the old "duck job" sound file, even when the phone is on silent. I never loaded that file on my BB, and it still is not showing on it. Never the less, it is there.

The issue started when someone sent me a MMS about the sex worm. He has a basic phone, and does not realize he sent me a virus. Yes, I said it, a virus. Did your issue start after someone sent you an MMS?

Ok, it's not a virus. It's a text message. There is not a virus that to date has infected a BlackBerry.

Find that text MMS message and delete it.

Look in your Options > Applications list. Do you see any odd programs installed there that you don't know about?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Tour - 9630

The first thing I did after identifying the source was to delete that message. It did not help. I searched for the related files, but they were no longer showing in memory. I did a soft restart with no effect. Two hard reboots (battery pulls) later, the security software finally cleared it.

This can be called a hack or an exploit. Whatever you want to call it, the originating MMS was sent to eight people in the batch that went to me. I was the only one with a BB and the only one reporting the problem. I'll change my terminology from virus (since I cannot tell if it self-replicated) to user-replicated malware. It appears this malware may have been designed to target BBs. Is there an app that can guard against such an exploit?

I normally would not care much about this issue. I'd simply find a fix or patch and go on.However, this happened at work. The file activated even with the Tour on silent and in standby. I was lucky the only customer to hear the file was kind enough to give me time to run the phone to a back office and did not complain to my employer.

Todd

It's all pretty pitiful, but it's a MMS message that's going around from user to user.

There's lots more in this thread about it.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9600-series-discussion-tour/223278-i-think-i-have-virus-my-t...

In most cases, to fix this, a simple battery pull will fix it.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: tour-9630
My Carrier: verizon

the same thing happens to mine everytime i recieve an mms message with an audio attachment. the only fix ive found is go to security options, click on security wipe (presuming you have the latest 5.0 version software), check the email and application boxes, (make sure you dont check the sim card box) and follow the prompts and wipe the phone. hopefully youll already have all your info backed up on your pc, after you wipe the phone you can restore everything else.

New Contributor

No luck with question 2, still happens.