Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Music Sort Problems

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Just recently bought a BB Curve . I picked up a 2GB(enough for me) MicroSD. Well when I got the sd card in it and threw a few songs on it. It worked fine the first time. Music was moved into the Music folder, unplugged the BB from computer, and everything was fine. The media player tracked all my artist and album tags. Which was great except I had several without tag info(Unknown). So I cleared the folder and prepared a larger play list of only WMA's and MP3's with proper tags.(Bout 1.8GB of legal copied CD's from Media Player and Itunes<-converted to mp3.)  Anyways after about an hour or two Roxxio finished moving all the music to the drive. Unplug the BB and go into media player. Only this time it had no sort options at all. If you went to Album/Artist it says (Unknown) which brings up a list of all songs.

I figured I may have changed the conversion in Roxxio and that might have caused it. So I tried again with different conversion settings. Again hours later same problem.

Not sure what the problem might be.  Any help would be appreciated as 1.8GB of music is too hard to navigate without the sort features.

Thanks in advance.

Matthew

Message Edited by MaliceMatt on 05-26-2008 05:08 PM
Message Edited by MaliceMatt on 05-26-2008 05:12 PM
Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Music Sort Problems

I find it far easier to enable mass storage mode on the BlackBerry and copy music to the SD card from Windows Explorer.