Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

Music and Videos not playing

Hello! I've had my Blackberry (Curve 8520) for nearly 3 years and it's worked perfectly throughout all of them. Recently however I downloaded two videos onto my computer (It has anti-virus protection and what not so it's safe) and then continued to transfer them onto my phone via a cable.

Everything worked fine and then I went to sleep...that's where it went wrong. I woke up the next morning and I always listen to music on the bus to school, so I went into my media section and tried to play some music, it played for literally one second before stopping, after a few seconds it started playing again and I thought it was just a hiccup, but then it froze again.

I went to my videos section and tried to play one of my videos that I had recoreded before, nothing. The videos I had downloaded. Nothing. Everything just froze, but it's only my media, all my other apps and that work perfectly fine. I've tried to do a battery pull mutiple times and still nothing.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Music and Videos not playing

Hey Poulty12,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

I would suggest creating a backup of your media on your PC or Mac and then format the media card.  Once the format is complete, transfer some of the media files over and then test them out.

Follow the steps in this KB article to format the media card: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10527

Let me know if the issue persists.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!