Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Music help

I downloaded the BB desktop software onto my computer, and tried to get my itunes music onto the phone. I tried to run the BB desktop manager and it told me to run as administrator. I tried that and got some other message. I ended up downloading the media sync installer, but I get a BB desktop manager has stopped working when the download/install is done, then the computer searches for a soultion, finds no soultion and closes the program.

I even tried downloading the most recent version of the desktop manager from BB's website, but have the same problem.

How do I get my music sync'd up to my BB?

Thanks,

Jim

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Music help

I had to go first to AT&T and then to RIM to get this question answered.  The software doesn't work the way it's supposed to.  If you use the media manager you can transfer music.  I'm not at that screen on my home computer right now so I can't walk you through it but if this still isn't answered by this evening I'll give you the steps.  You should try speaking with a RIM support person to explain this.  It's a stupid glitch in the software and they shouldn't give us software that doesn't work from the very outset.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Music help

I use a mac and have found a solution that is somewhat cumbersome, but works.

In one window I open my iTunes folder (Users/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music) and transfer the document in the iTunes Music folder to another window where I am viewing my Blackberry contents.  Transfer the music to Blackberry Music folder (Disk Icon/Blackberry/Music).  This works for most music, but for some reason some songs will not be read by the Blackberry even though they are in the folder.  This is by far the best solution I have found.

Hope this helps.