Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Music media files

I am having issues with syncing music files from my desktop computer to my blackeberry curve 8330. I sometimes take music files from the library using Microsoft Media Player and create a playlist of the desired songs I want to sync to my phone, and then I sync the new created playlist of the new songs using the Blackberry Media Sync. This time I didn't sync the songs using the Blackberry media sync instead synced the songs directly from the library in the Microsoft media player to my blackberry. I am showing when I open the blackberry file folder in My Computer on the desktop that the files have been added when I synced them using microsoft media player, however when i disconnect my phone from the computer the new songs I added do not show. Also, when I open the media menu in my phone I show a white bar going across the very bottom of my phone with the word reading Scanning, and when I go to the Music I see the same bar at the bottom, but it has a small part highlighted in black and the remaining is still white as if there's an attempt to scan the files but there's no follow through or completion for some odd strange reason. I remember before when I'd go to my music on my blackberry the bar would appear and scanning would occur, and when I go to the list of the songs they would all be listed that I added to my phone. How can this be fixed? Is it just best to add songs exclusively using the blackberry media sync d not syncing songs directly from the microsoft media player library??
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Music media files

sorry I dont use mediasync I just copy and paste mp3s to by device directly

have mass storage mode on, open my computer, browse to where my music is and copy over to the music folder on my BB

I dont even use DTM

although I copy full albums and just play in random